For a successful application, you need to fulfill the academic prerequisites as well as the language requirements. Details can be found here.
Please prepare the following supporting documents:
- An officially certified copy of your secondary school leaving certificate which qualifies you to study at university level in your home country (please make sure that you provide proof of all grades you obtained).
- Officially certified copies of all other relevant documents such as academic transcripts, final degree certificates, etc.
- Proof of English language proficiency.
- Proof of the GRE result (for all non-EU applicants).
Officially certified copies of documents
Official certification of your copied documents can only be done by a public notary, the municipal administration or other state-run institutions.
In foreign countries, copies can also be certified by the German Embassy, a German Consulate or the responsible public institutions of the respective country.
Please make sure the official stamp on your certification includes an emblem from the certification office. A simple text stamp will not suffice.
- Translation of documents
If your supporting documents are written in a language other than English or German, you must include an officially certified translation into either one of these languages.
- Acceptance of documents
Only complete applications will be accepted. Incomplete sets of documents will not be processed while documents arriving after the deadline will be considered for the next admission phase. It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to have his/her documents completed and sent in time. For foreign applicants, please visit Uni-Assist for further information.
- Reconsignment of documents
Application documents will not be returned. Please do not send originals, only send certified copies. If you require your documents to be returned, please enclose a self-addressed envelope of sufficient size plus international reply coupon.