- 03/2023 Another nice collaborative research piece of ours together with Marc Assmann's and Jan Sperlings's groups on the time-resolved tomography of polariton quantum states was just published in the Physical Review Letters. Find a short summary here.
- 02/2023 Our nice collaborative work with Rolf Binder and Cun-Zheng Ning on strained bilayer MoTe2 is now published in ACS Nano.
- 12/2022 Fabian Bauch wins teaching award "Goldener Rotstift", awarded by the board of physics students for his excellent teaching. Congrats Fabian.
- 03/2022 Our collaborative experiment-theory work on the generation of single photons with optical control is now published in Nature Communications. Also see the UPB press release.
- 02/2022 Matthias Pukrop very succesfully passed his PhD viva. Congratulations Dr. Pukrop!
- 01/2022 Dr. Xuekai Ma was promoted to Junior Research Group Leader and will lead his own independent group at UPB now. Congratulations!
- 11/2021 It's official now, the DFG will continue to fund our collaborative research center TRR142 for another 4 years. The group contributes with two projects. UPB press release.
- 08/2021 Our beautiful colaborative work on quantum coherence in polariton condensates together with Marc Aßmann's und Jan Sperling's groups is now published in PRX Quantum.
- 07/2021 Our TRR142 movie is now online, check it out here.
- 06/2021 Dr. Ma's project "PT symmetry and non-Hermitian physics in polariton condensates in semiconductor microcavities" will be funded by the DFG. Congratulations!
- 05/2021 Publication highlight. Our work on two-dimensional perovskite semiconductors with Sangam Chatterjee's group at JLU Gießen and Johanna Heine's group at Uni Marburg is now published in Advanced Materials and will be featured on the cover of the next issue. See press release of Paderborn University.
- 04/2021 TRR 142 seminar series for summer term 2021. Download the program here.
- 02/2020 Publication highlight. Our work on work polariton vortex switching with Marc Aßmann's group at TU Dortmund is published in Nature Communications. See press release of Paderborn University.
- 12/2018 We congratulate Dr. Dirk Heinze for a successful PhD viva!
- 07/2018 The group takes part in the 2018 TK Campus Run. Our relay team (Matthias, Xuekai, Chuanding, Stefan) finished the 10k in a not too shabby 45:51 minutes. Matthias finished the 5K in a respectable 25:04 minutes. Well done everybody.
- 07/2018 The DFG approves the second funding period of the Heisenberg professorship. See press release of Paderborn University.
- 05/2018 Dr. Xuekai Ma wins the best poster award for his work on "Optical control of vortices in polariton condensates" at the PLMCN conference 2018.
- 05/2018 We congratulate Dr. Dominik Breddermann for a successful PhD viva!
- 01/2018 Dr. Xuekai Ma wins the prestigious "Chinese government award for outstanding self-financed students abroad". Congratulations Xuekai! See the University's press release.
- 11/2017 The DFG extends funding for our collaborative research center (SFB) TRR142 by another 4 years. The Theory of Functional Photonic Structures group again contributes with two projects.
- 06/2017 Xuekai Ma very successfully defends his PhD thesis. Congratulations Dr. Ma!
- Dr. Christian Wiebeler (now at the Fritz Haber Center for Molecular Dynamics in Jerusalem) is awarded a two-year postdoctoral fellowship by the DFG.
- 06/2016 The group has now relocated to the new office space on the 4th floor of the A building.
- Dr. Christian Wiebeler wins best thesis award 2015 for his PhD thesis. Congratulations Christian!
- 11/2015 Congratulations to Dominik Breddermann for winning the best presentation award at the annual convention of the GRK1464.
- 08/2015 We congratulate Dr. Przemyslaw Lewandowski for the successful defense of his PhD thesis.
- 07/2015 Stefan Schumacher is now Heisenbergprofessor at the University of Paderborn.
- 06/2015 Christian Wiebeler defends his PhD thesis with great success. Congratulations, Dr. Wiebeler.
- 12/2014 Stefan Schumacher awarded "Goldene Kreide" for excellence in teaching, see press release.
- 11/2013 The DFG decides to fund our new collaborative research center (SFB) TRR142. The Theoretical Optoelectronics & Photonics group contributes with two projects. See press releases of the DFG.
- 09/2013 Christian Wiebeler wins Poster Prize at DFT2013 conference in Durham for his presentation "Electronic and Optical Properties of Photochromic Diarylethenes", see press release
- 04/2013 positive evaluation of Junior-Professorship by University of Paderborn and external reviewers
- 12/2012 Stefan Schumacher member of the Junges Kolleg of the NRW Akademie der Wissenschaften & Künste, see UPB press release
- 11/2012 Congratulations to Christian Wiebeler. He has been awarded a fully funded PhD scholarship by the Friedrich-Ebert Stiftung to continue his work on conjugated polymers and photochromic molecules, see UPB press release.
- 11/2012 We congratulate Dirk Heinze for passing his M.Sc. viva
- 06/2012 Christian Wiebeler takes part in the 2012 Nobel Laureate meeting in Lindau, see press release
- 05/2012 DFG continues support of our two projects in the GRK1464 for another 4.5 years until 2017
- 02/2012 Andreas Lücke passed his B.Sc. viva with great success
- 09/2011 Regina Kruse passed her B.Sc. viva with great success.
- Andreas Lücke was selected to take part in the Guest Student Programme on Scientific Computing at Forschungszentrum Jülich from August to Oktober 2011, resulting in a nice paper in PRL, highlighted as Focus Article in Physics by the American Physical Society journal editors
- 03/2011 DFG-grant awarded to continue work on polariton scattering, pattern formation and control in semiconductor microcavities
- 02/2011 Inaugural lecture given
- 12/2010 Stefan Schumacher elected board member of CeOPP
Prof. Dr. Stefan Schumacher
Theorie funktionaler photonischer Strukturen
+49 5251 60-2334
+49 5251 60-3435